pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

As the weather begins to get colder, it just seems like the perfect time to pull out the hot chocolate. Sitting snuggled up on the couch, with a warm blanket, my DVR list and cup of hot chocolate is how I like to spend the cold nights, especially when my husband is out of town for work.

Normally I stock up on boxes of hot chocolate for my Keurig but regular hot chocolate can get very monotonous. As I was standing over my Keurig watching my hot chocolate brew one night I thought...what could I do to take this to the next level? Switching out water for milk, well that was the obvious thought. Then I started to think, I began rummaging through my pantry and spotted the peanut butter. I mean who doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate together. Then the Halloween candy caught my eye, Reese's cups!

This is how my little obsession started ♥

Ingredients:

1 cup of milk
2-3 tbsp Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix (you can use your favorite mix)
1/2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
2 drops of pure vanilla extract
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon
Whipped Cream
A Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

(This recipe will make 1 cup, so if you want to make more just double the recipe)


Add the milk to the pan and let it simmer.
Add the vanilla and chocolate to the milk.
Stir until the chocolate is incorporated.
Add your peanut butter and whisk until it is incorporated into the hot chocolate..yum!


Pour into a glass.
Add some whipped cream and pieces of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
ENJOY!







1 comment: