pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DIY Lemon and Sugar Scrub

Here is another scrub for you, a Sugar and Lemon scrub! Sugar is a gentle exfoliant where the lemon has properties to hep reduce oiliness and acne.

Most of the ingredients that you need you probably already have in your kitchen. The best part, it is super simple to make! This DIY Lemon and Sugar scrub can be used on your face or your body. It is ideal for all of those little rough spots that you might get, especially during this cold winter weather. You can use it on your face all the way down to your toes!




Here is what you will need:

1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of honey
1/2 of a lemon
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
a Tupperware bowl or something with a tight fitting lid 

Are you ready? Here is the hard part. Mix the oil, lemon juice and honey together until they incorporate with each other. Add the sugar, mix. Voila, you have a wonderful smelling body and face scrub.



6 comments:

  1. I ran out of face scrub and just found this recipe that I am making now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! I keep my jar in the shower so I can use it all the time.

      Delete
  2. Just made it! Skin feels great, even without moisturizer. It's not overly moisturizing, but doesn't leave my skin tight, which I hate. Put it on my lips too! Like lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just made it and tried it, i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see this is an older post, but I just discovered in on pinterest. You say you keep this in your shower. What is the shelf life of it? Especially since it can be used on the face. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where should I store the scrub? Fridge?

    ReplyDelete