pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

DIY Make-up setting spray




It's that time of year where the weather is getting warmer, the humidity levels are rising and I hate what the combination of those two things do to my makeup. I don't know about you but the melting makeup is not my favorite look to rock during the warmer months. 

There are a few makeup items that I swear by that are made by high end makeup companies...MAC setting spray is a must have, but I do hate the price tag. 


You can use setting sprays to moisturize your skin, set your make up, and add some shine to your hair. If you look cakey with too much face powder you can use this product to make it melt into your skin. It is great in the summer months because it prevents your make up from moving or if you are one of those girls who wears makeup to the gym. If your foundation dries before you buff into your skin all the way, you can spray it on your brush and then finish applying the make up.


Here's how to make it:

  • 1 part pure glycerin (You can find it in the facial care, pharmacy, cooking, or even craft stores) 
  • 3 parts filtered water 
  • Something to put it in, I used an empty MAC bottle

   
All you do is mix 1/4 glycerin to 3/4 water inside a spray bottle and use. That would be if you have combination skin. If you have oily skin try 1/5 glycerin to 4/5 water and if you have dry skin try using 1/3 part glycerin to 2/3 parts water.
    If you have redness in your skin you can add 1 part rose water, that will also give it a nice rose smell. I like to put one part witch hazel in mine personally because it makes it feel less sticky. If the stickiness is still a problem for you, try just a little rubbing alcohol.  

Give it a try. I hope you like it!


post signature


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipe! :D I also hate that MAC products are so expensive...amazing as they are :) Thankfully I stumble across bloggers like you who are kind enough to share the much more wallet-friendly versions :) Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you liked this! I have been using it for about 6 months now and it works wonderfully. I hope you try it!

      Delete