pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Another take on coasters

So the other day I showed how you could mod podge scrapbook paper to make one of a kind coasters. Well, today I did something a little bit different. My sister and her boyfriend bought their very first house last month and I wanted to give them something that was more personally...make their house into their home. So after I finished my coasters for my home I thought I would make them a set of their own. One problem, they haven't really decided how they are going to decorate. So, to make the coasters a little more interchangeable with whatever decor they choose, I decided on something simple, a monogram. Now this takes a little more time than the paper coasters, but they turn out beautifully.

Basically you will need the same items as with the other coasters

4- 4x4 white tile coasters
clear acrylic spray paint
a paint pen, I used black but there are a plethora of colors to choose from
felt circles

Start by cleaning off your tile with a dry cloth. Follow the directions on your paint pen to get it ready to paint.

Now draw away. You can put whatever you want on them. I just decided to do their initials in a different style on each coaster.

Take them outside and give the a spray with your clear acrylic paint. Do three layers, letting dry between each layer. This will make them waterproof.

Let the dry completely. Add your felt circles to the back and thats it! 

These are a little more time consuming but I think it is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment