pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Chocolate Elvis

I love smoothies and my favorite place to get them from has to be Planet Smoothie. Even though I have tried almost everyone of them, I had one down the street from my high school and I may or may not have skipped out at lunch time a couple times for them, I love the Chocolate Elvis.

Now that I am a mom, I rarely get around to buying a $5 smoothie, let alone there is not a Planet Smoothie anywhere close to me, I had to resort on creating my own. Let me tell you, this is a dead ringer for the Chocolate Elvis. I made my own little changes to the drink like using chocolate almond milk instead of frozen yogurt and chocolate sauce because a regular size Chocolate Elvis is almost 400 calories. So, I am going to give you both recipes, a 2 for 1 deal, who wouldn't love that!


Homemade Chocolate Elvis 2 ways

Original:

1 cup milk
2 squirts of chocolate sauce
1 ripe banana
a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter
a handful of ice

The semi-healthy version:

1 1/2 cups of chocolate almond milk
1 banana
heaping tablespoon of peanut butter
a handful of ice

Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend! If notice that the smoothie is a little runny just add a couple more ice cubes. Pour in a glass and enjoy ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment