pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baked Oatmeal in-a-mug

"Baked" Oatmeal In A Mug

I don't know about you but I loathe getting up in the morning. I am definitely not a morning person. It takes all my power to pull myself out of bed at 6 am to get my morning started. I am usually answering emails, drinking coffee, getting breakfast ready for the boys and getting them up and ready to start their morning routine.

 Usually around 9 I am thinking to myself, have I even eaten. Other than my ever present coffee mug, I seem to always forget to eat. Then by the time I remember, I don't feel like making anything, so I grab whatever is close by. 

So that is how my meals-in-a-mug started. Through a few ingredients into a coffee mug, put it in the microwave and within a few minutes, I have a yummy meal. Simple, easy and I cannot complain about not eating properly. 

Here is my take on the champion of breakfast foods, oatmeal!



1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 egg
1/3 of a banana, mashed
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 of an apple, chopped
2 tsp honey

Add oats, flax and egg in a mug. Stir well with a fork. Add banana, cinnamon, apple and honey. Stir again until fully combined. Cook in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Stir in a little milk or yogurt or nut-butter if desired.


Recipe adapted from Food and Whine

No comments:

Post a Comment