pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Green Tea Brown Rice




I will admit: I had a mini celebration when I found out that green tea has the incredible power to shift your metabolism into high gear. Not only does it aid in weight loss, the benefits of drinking tea can help you live a healthier life. Here is what you are getting out of your cup: green tea can aid in boosting endurance, help reduce the risk of heart attack and certain types of cancers, it helps fight free radicals and also can help in improving bone density.

Not only is green tea beneficial to adults, it can provide children with with some notable health benefits also. It helps by boosting the immune system and supports vital functions of the body such as circulation.

With all the benefits of tea drinking, I wanted to get my whole family on board. My husband and I drink tea pretty regularly but my children, if its not good ol' Southern sweet tea, forget about it. I was able to find some wonderful children's tea at a local tea shop. Not only do they come in yummy flavors, Jumbo Grape is the winner around here, they also have children's versions of "grown-up" teas, like chamomile.  

While I love sneaking any healthy ingredients into my children's food, I wanted to find a way for them to get the benefits of green tea, but drinking it was way out of the question.Then it dawned on me. My plan was a little out there, but I knew there was someway I could sneak it in. 


Green tea brown rice:

2 1/2 cups of water
2 green tea packets
1 cup of brown rice

Add your water to the pan. 

Place your packets into the water and let steep, for about 5 minutes, while you are allowing the water to come to a boil.

Take out the packets.

Once boiling put your rice in the pot and cook like normal. 






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment