pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chocolate Cake in a mug

Photo: Because sometimes you just need chocolate cake.



I posted this picture last night on my Instgram and I got a huge number of people asking me how to make this. It has to be the easiest and yummiest quick and easy chocolate cake that takes about 5 minutes from start to finish, can't beat that huh?

The kids and I got a late night craving for something chocolaty but I didn't feel like pulling out all the stops to make cookies or brownies, their first requests. I need something fast because it was 11 pm. We might have a slight chocolate problem!

So here we go, the quickest chocolate cake you will ever make.

You will need:

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons chocolate chips

Melt the butter in a small dish. Add the peanut butter and mix well.
In the mug, mix together the vanilla, egg, and sugar until well combined. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder and add to the mug. Pour in the peanut butter/butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until desired doneness is reached (all microwaves are different so you might have to experiment a little. I only do it for about 1 minute). Then you can top it with whatever your heart desires. We decided to add strawberries, blueberries and hot fudge sauce. Now go indulge!

No comments:

Post a Comment