For me jello is the epitome of childhood memories. On the weekends, my mom, sister and I would make batches of jello jigglers, turn up the music and have a dance party in the kitchen. Usually the playlist consisted of Prince, Madonna and of course Paula Abdul on the old radio. We would have so much fun. I love memories like that.
Then I grew up. That yummy childhood treat turned into one of my favorite adult shooters. Who can pass up the array of jello shot recipes. Even during the Holidays, you can get really creative with them.
Here is an interpretation of the classic jello shot, turned up a notch!
1 cup eggnog
1 packet unflavored gelatin
1 cup fum or brandy
1. Combine the eggnog and gelatin in a saucepan. Allow the gelatin to bloom for 1 or 2 minutes.
2. Place the saucepan over low heat, stirring the gelatin mixture with a whisk for about 5 minutes or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the rum or brandy.
4. Grab your cookie sheet and arrange the shot glasses on the pan.
5. Pour the gelatin mixture into the cups.
6. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator and allow the shots to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Cut the cinnamon sticks in half length wise.
8. Remove the shots from the fridge and place the cinnamon sticks in them.
9. Add whipped cream.
10. Sprinkle with a bit of grated nutmeg.