If you are ever in a jam and do not have anything on hand to give as a hostess gift, or if you want to make something homemade to share with your neighbors or children's teachers, this is for you. Hot chocolate is one of those things people do not realize how easy it is to make. Not only can you make each cup unique, you can make a large batch of dry hot chocolate mix to keep in an air tight container in your pantry.
Not only does it keep long, I am sure most of the ingredients that you need you actually have in your pantry right now. See, there is never a good reason to buy the packaged stuff again.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa (Dutch-process preferred)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 candy canes
Now there is 2 ways you can do this.
1.In a coffee grinder, grind the candy canes into a fine dust.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly. Seal the hot chocolate in an airtight container and it will keep indefinitely in your pantry.
Secondly, to make it a little more elegant to give as a gift, try this method.
1. Place each ingredient into a separate bowl.
2. Pull out 2 containers of your choice.
3. Layer half the ingredients into one jar and the other half of the ingredients into the other jar.
4. Top with marshmallows, and tag and a bow
To make a cup of Hot Chocolate:
Put 2 heaping tablespoons into a cup of hot water or milk. Stir and enjoy!