pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Coffee Filter Wreath




If you have spent any time searching Pinterest-land, I am sure you have ran across many different ways to use coffee filters. 

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the chill in the air, the aroma of peppermint in the local coffee shops and of course the decorations. Now I am a little OCD when it comes to my Christmas decorations. I love white. And that is it, white. My tree is decorated in the chaotic eclectic style, beautifully adorned by my lovely children, but the rest of my house is decorated in a white and silver color palette.

So when it came to wreaths, I had to find something different from the pine or fraiser wreaths available during Christmastime. I found a picture of the coffee filter wreath and said to myself, "Hey, I could totally do that." 

So far, my wreath has been hanging in my house all year round. It has a space on my kitchen door and I decorate it for every season. I promise you will love it and you will not ever be able to put it away.

Here is what you are going to need:

a glue gun
glue sticks for your glue gun
a large pack of coffee filters, I choose the white ones
any kind of wreath form, I got mine at the dollar tree!
a ribbon or any decorations of your choice

Step 1: Separate coffee filters and lay them out flat. Now fold each filter in half, then in half again (so they’re folded in quarters). 

Step 2: Hot-glue a layer of filters to the outside of the wreath, separating each filter by about half an inch and fluffing them out as necessary. 

Step 3: Glue a second layer of filters, third layer, fourth layer, as many as you will need to cover your form.






Step 4: Fluff, Fluff, Fluff. If you see any empty patches, feel free to glue in some random filters. 

Step 5: Add embellishments to the wreath. Make it your own!







No comments:

Post a Comment